Saturday, May 12, 2018

RSC18 week 19

HAPPY DAYS

Isn't it wonderful to see spring flowers in bloom again!   It makes me feel happy in my heart.  My daughter and I took a long drive around all the neighborhood last Sunday. The sun was shining, a breeze was blowing and we saw so many beautiful gardens in bloom.  It was the peak of tulip season and magnolias were blooming as well.  

I am also enjoying PINK this month, thanks to Angela.  My sweet daughter loves to go thrift store shopping and brought me a lovely pink quilt top.  She knows just what makes me happy, fabric of course.  


I ended up trimming it down to 40 X 40 inches.  Some pink calico from way back in my stash was just right for a backing.  It does not require batting because it will go to a nurse near the Texas border, who gives them to mothers in Mexico who need lightweight baby blankets.

Another project I've started is using up a layer cake assortment.  Don't know when or where I acquired it, but I'm taking one more step to get rid of my stash.  


These animals of all kinds will delight some child in need.  I will be making two more lightweight blankets from this collection. I love layer cakes because they piece together so quickly.  

Have a happy weekend everyone and especially all you moms and grandmas!

Check out all the colorful happenings at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at
   soscrappy  and
Oh, Scrap! at 



8 comments:

  1. I would say that your daughter rescued that thrift store quilt top and brought it right where it needed to be! What a great idea for a good use for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers and thrifting, and quilting for those who need it! All wonderful, uplifting, and fun. Hope this week is just as good.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little rescue quilt! I love the fabric in that layer cake, too. These are great lightweight quilts for a warm climate. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those fabrics. There will be a quilt in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous thrift store find and such a thoughtful daughter!! It's positively perfect for PINK month. Wouldn't you agree?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame to waste a quilt top, thank goodness Angela rescued it. Lovely animal fabrics in your layer cake, you seem to have a never ending stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat to hear about the Mexico charity. It makes sense to leave the batting out in such a warm country. That layer cake is really darling, I love all the animals and geography! I've never seen that line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete