Tuesday, January 2, 2018

RSC18 week 1


A FLYING START

This year I'm taking part in Scrap Attack and drawing a project to work on each month.  My 12 projects are all UFOs to be finished.  Here's my pot and the January pick.


My Geese Migration flimsy is up for completion by the end of the month, a flying start for 2018.



Before I get to that I need to finish my Waterfront Neighborhood project.  I'm piecing three rows of houses and trees, plus two rows of sailboats.  The houses are from a Rainbow Scrap Challenge, not sure which year, and the boats are a couple of years old.  The little trees were the most difficult to piece and were made to extend the rows to 40 inches.  


Row quilts are one of my favorite Project Linus quilts.  I usually make them about 45x60.  Then I back each with a colorful fleece blanket which can be found for about 3-5 dollars on sale.  For Christmas my daughter surprised me with six more of them.  

We are still frozen solid for the third week now, as so many of you are.  If it warms up enough we could get some snow.  At least it's not as bad as the high tide of slush in Boston.  I pray that all of you dear quilter friends will have a blessed and Happy New Year.  Go LIGHT BLUE!

Please check out the quilt goodies at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at

15 comments:

  1. Both these quilts are so appealing! I love the full rainbow of Geese Migration and your little waterfront neighborhood is very cute. The sea full of fish is my favorite part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable row quilt. So glad you are stocked up on fleece backings. Hopefully it will warm up for everyone soon. So cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilts going on there! We've been watching the news in the UK and seen some of the horrible cold, snowy weather you are having....keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Geese Migration quilt is looking good, Paula! Lots of scrappy goodness there. Have fun finishing up the row quilt, too. Sending you wishes for warmth this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you are! :-) I’m jealous that you’ll be finishing your great Geese Migration quilt first, but I’ll be leading the cheering section instead. And the Waterfront Neighborhood is pure genius! If my mom were still alive, I’d be piecing one right alongside you. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful rainbow of Geese Migration blocks! Waterfront Neighborhood will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are lovely quilts. They will look great when they are finished. I can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bits of BLUE for the RSC in both of those quilts. Best of luck meeting your Scrap Attack goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are great! I especially love the colorful geese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the houses with the sailboats! Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've been way too cold, too!
    I love your row quilt! And your Geese Migration blocks are flat-out gorgeous! What a stunner of a quilt that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - what a great job with your scrappy projects. I love the idea of making bar quilts. And with yummy soft backings at that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Geese Migration is wonderful when the blocks are all together, a lovely rainbow of colour. I'm now looking forward to seeing how your Waterfront Neighbourhood turns out, what a wonderful quilt for a child, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow !!! it's beautiful and so lovely,i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete