Sunday, January 28, 2018

AHIQ Jan 2018

NEW CHALLENGE

I'm excited about the latest AHIQ challenge.  I sort of, no actually did fall off the wagon on the last challenge.  I could not find a way to include lettering that would make me happy with the result.  

This top was as far as I went.  To me it represents the idea of gentrification of neighborhoods, when old homes are refurbished or replaced and the real estate prices jump way up.  Then the existing families  may find themselves unable to afford the higher rents and are forced to move out.


However, since this was not a large quilt, more likely a wall hanging or child's quilt, I didn't feel a politically charged label was appropriate.  So it will end up being about wonky houses and improv blocks.

When I  saw the latest challenge of varied scale I remembered a few orphan blocks.  I dug them out and found a good number of blocks in different sizes with the same colors.

So these are what I'm going o work with for a start.


I've never done a quilt project in red, white and blue, so I might as well begin now.  


Thank you, Kaja and Ann,  for making Ad Hoc Improv Quilts a place where we can get encouragement to do what inspires us.  
Please have a look at Ad Hoc Improv Quilts doings at  Kaya's blog,  Sew Slowly, or Ann's blog, Fret Not Yourself

5 comments:

  1. Never mind about falling off the wagon with the last challenge; you still ended up with a quilt top. :-) Your red, white and blue blocks look like a great start to the new project. Thanks for sharing them on AHIQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That large block in the front right is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun and interesting challenge! RWB is such a classic color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete