Friday, October 27, 2017

RSC17 week 43

FAREWELL TO PINK

It's been a nice month for pink, but I'm looking forward to finishing some of this year's WIPs.  Here is my final  pink block, a Churn Dash to pair up with my Folded Box blocks, as an RSC18 project.



Speaking of finishes, I was surprised to see my Tossed Salad quilt on Kat & Cat's post yesterday.  It has been so nicely quilted, with a colorful backing made from donations by Sandra.  It will be joining her Kat's Covered In Love charity quilts for grieving families.


I'm really excited about a new squirrel project which hopped across my path from Jayne at Twiggy and Opal.  She posted a tutorial for her X block, 16 inches and really easy to make.  That evening I pulled out a charm pack of Kaffe Fassett cool colors, which I could not resist buying on sale recently.  What? Again?  This is the first block I pieced.



I changed my construction method to make it entirely with charm squares, including Toscana in coordinating colors and Bella white.  These are the last three blocks that are pieced.






All in all, it has been an unexpectedly productive month for me, partly because I have a squirrel to thank.

I hope you have also had a scrappy productive week, at least a week full of good things.  We seem to find those good things in unexpected times and places.  
Take a look at what your friends have done this week at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at


















15 comments:

  1. I wonder what colour is coming next. I only got a little bit of pink sewn in my baby quilt. But they weren't scraps... Good to see your progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Fun blocks Paula! You just can't go wrong with KF. Love those designs and colors! Squirrels are fun because they tend to be stuff you love and can't resist. Am I right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see your quilt on Kat's blog! Thanks for donating it to CiL :) And your version of Jayne's pattern is lookin great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally indulged in some FQ's of Kaffe prints this week. I've been able to resist them only because I didn't know what I would do with them. Now I do! They're going to be Turkey Track blocks - but your X's are going to be wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked a great block for your Kaffe fabrics. Perfect, actually. I love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the X blocks. Nice finish for your pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your X-blocks are fun, made with such spectacular fabric. I like the pink fabric you used in your Churn Dash block; is it linen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Kaffe X's are luscious! The Churn Dash isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did see your quilt on Kat's blog, and it looks wonderful! Someone is going to get a lot of comfort from it, Paula! I like those blocks from Jayne's tutorial, too. Looks like they work really well for your Kaffe charm packs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start in a new Kaffe quilt. I can already tell this quilt is going to be amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your X blocks are lovely Paula, such pretty colours, I’m looking forward to seeing how this one develops. I’ve just had a lovely time reading your last few posts too, I love how the rainbow quilt turned out and your folded blocks are looking great too. I really like how you show your blocks in a light and a dark colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that luscious Kaffe squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kaffe is seductive. I can see why you had to get it. Love the bright blocks. They will make a lovely bright quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Specks of PINK for the RSC in those cool new blocks. Off to check out Jayne's tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your last pink block. Very nice! I ended up with some Kaffe falling into my basket on our visit to Lancaster Co. last month. It is addicting!

    ReplyDelete