Thursday, November 9, 2017

Covered In Love, 11/9

I'm starting a new quilt for Covered In Love this week.  I love bright colors, but have a big bin full of batiks, mostly jelly roll strips in muted colors.  So I dug into them and decided to make blocks. I fold the strip into four and cut off the extra selvage, leaving 10 1/2 inches.  With my scores I cut through the folded end and has four equal strips.  No rotary cutting needed.  Then I chain piece pairs of these strips.

The strips laid out look  like a sample below.


I'm planning on about a 60 X 60 or longer top.  At the rate this is going, it will probably be finished next week.  My bin is now at least one-third empty and the top is looking good already.

I'm linking up with Covered In Love at 
katandcatquilts.blogspot.comCovered In Love

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Paula! I love those colors. Great idea for a quick top! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Paula, I like your orange colour pops too, it gives it a great lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great approach for a quick new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely batiks, Paula! They'll make a beautiful, comforting quilt for CiL. I don't have many batiks, but the few times I've worked with them have been a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's going to be a stunning quilt!! I especially like the pops of orange that you've chosen to add.

    ReplyDelete