Friday, October 20, 2017

RSC week 42

HAPPY PINK

This has been a very nice week for me with a few surprises.  First, my daughter, who is a nurse, stopped by yesterday and brought me a Subway sandwich, yum yum.  Then, when I was showing her the three Project Linus quilts I had finished for Monday's guild charity collection, she asked if she could give one to a special friend.  This is a young woman with a debilitating condition, getting weaker all the time.  Beth is part of her support group.  She and her mother both love quilts.  Of course, I was thrilled to give my quilt to a person who is sick and will appreciate it.  


She will be getting my Mile a Minute quilt, with Beth proudly showing it off.


Today I received a post from Kat at 
katandcatquilts.blogspot.com   She posted photos of a top I donated to her charity Covered In Love.  She had it finished and it will be donated to the family of a terminally ill patient at the hospital in Texas where Kat works.  I was delighted to see the backing and quilting done by Meloney, another volunteer.  Here is my photo of the blocks in progress.



As for pink, I did also manage to finish my two pink Geese Migration blocks.





The week flew by and that's all I got done in quilting The Rainbow quilt and piecing the geese.  I am looking forward to seeing all of your scrappy doings at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at

16 comments:

  1. I saw your quilt on Kat's blog, Paula! It turned out great! I send blocks to Kat for every block drive - it's such a good feeling to know your quilting can be used to help someone. I'm glad your Mile a Minute quilt can go to someone who needs it, too! The pink goose blocks are really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that your quilts are going to such wonderful causes / people ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a big heart Paula. I know your quilting gifts are so appreciated. And your pink blocks are amazing. You really have a knack for putting your colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful that your quilt is going to support someone in need. And your geese migration blocks look great as always -- I'm very interested to see how that will look all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very sweet of you to let your daughter take one of the quilts you have been working on. I'm sure her friend will enjoy it. Any more fun with PINK coming off your sewing machine? If so, I'll bee looking forward to seeing it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a wonderful gesture by Beth and you to give the quilt to someone locally who will love and appreciate it. I saw your quilt on Kat’s blog, too. Covered in Love is such a great cause. I’m thinking of switching my charity sewing from kennel quilts (our local area has tons) to CIL in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Geese Migration blocks turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great week you've had! I saw your quilt on Kat's blog; it looks terrific in its' finished state. Love all the fun prints in your geese migration blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula, I was so thrilled to see your quilt all finished on Kat's blog! I love that pattern and want to make one myself, soon. I'm so glad your Mile A Minute quilt is going to be well-loved by Beth's friend. I hope it gives her warmth and comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your migration blocks are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black and turquoise quilt is a stunner. And, of course, I love any block with an owl peeking out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pinks. Some year I'll have to do the rainbow challenge. Claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a lot! Love those pink blocks. Your mile a minute is great too. Bless you for your generosity and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pinks are looking lovely. From pastels to brights.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely to know your quilts are appreciated. Love your geese migration blocks. There are so many cute prints there.

    ReplyDelete