Friday, June 2, 2017

RSC17 week 22

HELLO YELLOW

Junemhas,just arrived and yellow is here.  So soon.  In fact, I just changed my calendar and ripped off June along with,May.  That's a little too fast for such a lovely month to be gone.  What about all those,dads and grads and weddings?  It needs to be a nice long month to squeeze it all in.

At least I was able to find a large yellow stash.  However, yellow is like red, with a very narrow range between light and dark. Right away I find myself having to choose the golds and even browns to create some contrast.  I thinking some lime yellows might find,their way into my blocks.  But that's okay with me.  We do whatever it takes to get the effect we want in our work.

All that to say that,the only yellows I have to,show are two little houses.



See what I mean about the brown and gold?  It's already in there.


This little house is more cheerful and someone in there likes flowers.

The last post I,had asked,your help to decide what sashing to use.  The great majority voted for the black and/or the lime.  That was like a lightbulb in my mind.  Use both!  It fits perfectly in with my theme, which I can't reveal just yet because of the Ad Hoc Improv Quilts Challenge reveal. Here is a,sneak preview of how I have combined them.


I'm having some problems with my new iPad, so I will finish and hopefully get it published.  I wish you all a fun week stitching.

Please check out Rainbow Scrap Challenge at superscrappy.blogspot.com and Oh Scrap at
quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com



26 comments:

  1. I love your yellow houses, Paula! I can see why you added the gold/brown, but it fits in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use both the black/white and the strong green in the sashing of the improv challenge quilt. Also, love your yellow houses, especially the one with the flowered front door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to combine the two sash colors. Love the yellow houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thinking to use both colours. Keeps everyone happy. The yellow houses are cute, particularly the one with the floral motif.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks good! Now you have a plan. It is always good to have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you're doing with your houses. Very cheerful and alive. I know that upsets some people who like everything dull and boring but we're all different! That's what makes life so interesting.
    You're right June needs to be a long month full of celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, cute houses! I just try to plan using my golds with the yellows. I have way too many! Want some? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call to use both for sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yellow and red are tricky because of the lack of value contrasts, aren't they? I like the leafy fabric on the little house of the flower lover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house blocks look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your plans - looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute little yellow houses, so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yellow hoses loo good, you are on the ball have not even checked for fabric yet. The other houses look good too. Hope the ipad gets easier to use lie you I struggle with modern gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the look of your sashing - just right, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your yellow houses! Your neighborhood is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yellow can be tricky when looking for contrast. Glad you solved the problem. Your houses look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I added gold to my RSC blocks too. Your houses are always so fun. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your yellow houses are so cute! I'm the same way...I will have to go into the golds for the yellow month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE how you mixed two sashing colors! I've learned something new today! Thank you for sharing! I also really like your house blocks! Maybe I'm the one living in your second house block - I love me some flowers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great move to use both colors in your improv quilt. Yellow houses can have some other color roof - or the other way around! These are cuties in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very fun yellow houses! Yellow is a hard color to do light and dark with as I found when pulling the fabrics for this month's fan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete