My AHIQ Callenge Two top was finished, but there was a delay in finding the right fabric, at the right price of course. It recently arrived and I'm very happy with the choice. Here it is with the folded quilt top.
I'm very happy with the choice, a stylized floral. I bought enough for the backing as wall.
Meanwhile, I got sidetracked on another improv project which will become a charity donation. In short, it was a challenge to myself to use these ugly pieces or throw them out. I nick named the donated repro strips and unwanted neutral 4-patches as tossed salad and soggy crackers. See below.
What quilter could toss out these pieces? Not I. Suddenly the solution came to me, the way to combine them. So I made these cross blocks to use the 2-inch strips and the patches. The sashing and binding are from a piece bought years ago to make a dress. It was exactly the extra something needed to tie the blocks together. I finished it in just a week.
This top will go to Kat and Cat Quilts. Kat is a nurse at a large Texas hospital and her Covered In Love charity gives donated quilts to dying patients and their families, such a beautiful cause. I'm so pleased that these unwanted scraps have become a quilt to give comfort to a grieving family.
So this is my impromptu improv quilt to share this month. I will definetly share my Challenge Two finish next month. Thank you, Kaja and Ann, for making Ad Hoc Improv Quilts a place where we can get encouragement to do what inspires us.
Please have a look at Ad Hoc Improv Quilts doings at Kaya's blog, Sew Slowly, or Ann's blog, Fret Not Yourself.