Friday, March 9, 2018

RSC18 week 10

LIME GREEN

This month the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is lime green, one of my favorite colors.  It's so bright and full of life, the first signs of spring, the little leaves of daffodils popping up in the dead grass.  

The first block I'm sharing is one that I made about a year ago.  It never did fit in any color category.  I decided to try making a Sawtooth Star block and chose these colorful fabrics for practice.


Now I get a chance to show this block, one of my favorites.  I'm continuing Sawtooth Star in RSC18.  

For my second BOM I'm doing the 16-patch again this year.  This was a bit of a challenge in lime, using quite a few fussy-cut pieces. So many cute critters here.



I'm very happy to show you my finished Rainbow Geese Migration quilt.  I broke my older sewing machine while stitching the last of the binding.  Now that my daughter has given me her computerized Brother machine the first thing I did was finish that binding, with no further incidents.  Just in time to show it off at Cynthia's Geese Migration wrap up.




And here is a lovely scene in a local park.  My friend has been feeding domesticated geese there for many years.  They are larger than the migratory Canada geese that congregate here along with wild malard ducks.


These geese do not migrate and do benefit from the extra food provided during the winter months. It was a  beautiful sunny and windless afternoon, a really special time.

There is no new growth here yet, but spring will be here very soon.  We will all be happy for that.

Have a good week, everyone.
I'll be seeing you at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at






25 comments:

  1. Two lovely blocks, Paula. Your Geese Migration quilt is great - the rainbow fleece backing is a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great finish using the new machine. I'm sure you will get used to it. It would be fun to watch the geese. Have fun with the RSC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your finish! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Geese migration. Such a clever tie in with the non migrating geese too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your Geese Migration quilt (and I love that photo from the park). Like you, I love acid/lime green and almost consider it to be a neutral in some quilts (giggle).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geese Migration is beautiful! I bet it felt good to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy-looking star! Very springy. Congratulations on your geese migration finish, too. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many pretty and delightful greens here. Love the Rainbow Geese Migration quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Geese Migration quilt! And I’m glad to see that someone else has not set theirs on point. It looks sharp with the black sashing. That lime green block is so dang cute. I’m not sure I could bear to sew it up into a quilt, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning geese quilt! I love your green squares too, so many pretty fabrics here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all those critters peeking out of your 16-patch! Such a great collection of greens!
    And your Geese Migration is gorgeous! But how on earth did you end up with non-migrating geese living in the park?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Until Spring arrives, you've got some lovely GREEN blocks to brighten your day. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, I am glad to see that you and your new Brother are playing nicely together. Love those spring yellow greens. Fascinating to read about your friends duck and goose feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on a wonderful final finish for Geese Migration! It's beautiful, Paula. And your spring green blocks are looking great, too! Like you, I'm happy to be sewing this color this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful finis on Geese Migration! Love the rainbow print backing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to see geese and geese. And its always nice to see those adorable owls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy lime green. Love your little (big?) 16 patch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is great to see your Geese Migration quilt again. You really did a nice job choosing your fabrics for your blocks. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh good to see your Geese all finished up! Nice that you made two blocks for each colour of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your finished quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for the Migrating Geese finish! Very pretty! I only have four blocks so far, but I shall keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your Migrating Geese finish! That is a pretty quilt. I didn't know there were domesticated geese. Those migrating geese look pretty big to me; I'd hate to see a domesticated one. Do they chase people like I've seen geese on tv?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your star, it looks like it is bringing happy sunshine for the spring, we could do with some. Geese Migration turned out great, a lovely colour mix and great placement, so you. A great first finish with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete