Friday, May 19, 2017

RSC17 week 20

LIVELY GREENS

This week has been a fun sewing time.  I got to make two of my favorite monthly scrap blocks.  The weather has been up and down, more conducive for working in my "studio".  This includes half of my bedroom for sewing and storing overflow of fabrics, kitchen floor for photos and living room table for blogging on my poor worn out iPad.  

BIG NEWS:
Tomorrow I will be the owner of a new iPad Air, in gold no less, which my SIL Tim tells me I will really like.  He ordered it from the Apple website refurbished warranted selection at a great price.  Sarah will be helping me to get it set up.  I'm holding my breath in anticipation.  No more long waits or other annoying happenings.  

The Geese Migration blocks were more of a challenge this time with green.  I tried to make one lighter and one darker without going into the olive tones (too dull).  So some fabrics show up in both blocks.



Lots of monkey business and hootinlg owls hanging around made them lively.

My time was taken up with my kitchen floor being replaced.  Believe it or not, a crack in the vinyl turned  into a 7-inch pothole.  So the fridge and stove had to be removed and stowed in the hallway.  I was very impressed with the quality of the work the installer did.  But instead of off white tiles, the new floor is ugly, stupid-looking brown shades of pretend wood scraps. As long as they were making a photo vinyl, they could at least have made it attractive.  It even came with built-in scuff marks!  You will be seeing glimpses of it in the future.

Back to the sewing.  I finished the two green houses.  Lots of contrast and cute inhabitants kept the fun going for me.

 
This is my last post on old faithful iPad.  Maybe I will be doing amazing things with the new one, but I doubt it.  I will be checking out your posts tomorrow while I wait until Sunday for the new one to be set up.

Wishing you all a fun sewing-filled week.

Hope to see you, dear friends, when you visit 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at

18 comments:

  1. Your green blocks are definitely happy ones! Good luck with the new iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your new iPad!! Your GREEN blocks for the RSC are looking lovely. Those monkey squares really bring up the fun factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your green blocks are so much fun, Paula! I love the way you've done some fussy cutting to have some special characters joining in the fun, too! Enjoy your new iPad. I didn't know you could buy refurbished ones like that. I should tell my hubby - he really needs a new one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright Geese Migration blocks (so happy!) and the cute house blocks. You have a knack for making things fun. You will enjoy your iPad Air. Mine is gold, too, although you can't tell because it's in a red protective cover. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green Geese Migration blocks worked out just great! Good luck with the new iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those monkeys are making me smile! All your blocks look great, but you know what a soft spot I've got for monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the new iPad! Your blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot accomplished. Like your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the green blocks looking good spotted some Kaffe fabric too. Best of luck with your new toy! Just as well they replaced the flooring or you would not have known about the hole. I have tiles in my kitchen hate them as the floor always feels so cold, would love some lino or similar but would cost too much to have the tiles taken up etc

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Flying Geese block is one of my favourites and I like what you are doing with the houses too - especially their funny inhabitants. I hope the transition to your new ipad goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great green blocks. Love the owls and monkeys, they make is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Geese Migration blocks. The houses are so cute too. Happy stitching this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing those birds and monkeys peaking out of your blocks. Great job! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun and lively blocks Paula..... I do like how you have scattered the happy novelty prints throughout the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blocks this week! Good luck with the new iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blocks, have fun with your new iPad Air, I think I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blocks Paula. I love those little owls there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your houses cute inhabitants! So fun!

    ReplyDelete