Friday, March 24, 2017

RSC17 week 12

A MIXED BAG

The main thing occupying my time and thoughts for a few days was an overnight hospital procedure.  It went better than expected and I'm glad to be home.  But I've been tired as a result so very little stitching was done.  

However, I received an unexpected and truly generous surprise.  For Cynthia's Orphan Block event I offered 18 of my HST blocks from Blossom Heart Quilts excellent tutorials. They will be going to some generous person tomorrow.  I got a lot of good experience at doing the blocks, but I'm not up to turning them into one or two quilts.  I did not realize Cynthia had a drawing for the participants until she sent me an email.  Not only had I won the drawing, but she gave me extra fabric for my Kaffe Fassett quilt project.

The prize included the latest issues of Quilty and 100 Blocks, along with two mini charm packs, perfect  for Project Linus projects.  Cynthia has a project published in both magazines.


She very generously sent me large pieces of three gorgeous fabrics of my color choice.  These will be a real help to round out the pieces for my 30 blocks (none were made this week).  


The one bit of RSC17 sewing I got done at the last minute was my pair of red 6-inch houses.  They are such fun to make.


So here I am glad this week is over, feeling fine and looking forward to April and some flowers, any flowers, PLEASE.  

I'm wishing the blessing of spring flowers for all of you this week. 

See what all the colorful scrappy fun is about this week at 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at



22 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you need surgery Paula, and so pleased it went well. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are back to your normal stitching self soon. Congratulations on your win, it couldn't happen to a nicer person, I am very happy for you. Love the cute little houses. Wishing you sunshine and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are on the mend, Paula. Hope you are back to yourself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I'm sorry to hear you needed a procedure done, but glad it's over and that you can recoup now. And nothing like a little Quilty surprise to help lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got that surgery behind you and you are now feeling like sewing again. Nice houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, hope you are feeling better. Great red houses! And it always make us happy some quilting related surprise. Enjoy and Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the surgery went well and all is slowly getting better. Hope you'll be your normal self real soon. Those are great wins, lucky girl! Love the little houses. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good , you're feeling better. And a prize to cheer you up, wonderful.
    I hope many spring flowers come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, I'm so glad your procedure went well, and that you're home and feeling good. What a treat for you to win Cynthia's prize, too - I think you deserved it! The red houses are adorable with their special doors! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you're on the mend. And congratulations on your win. One can never have too much Kaffe fabric. And your red houses would fit in perfectly here in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you recover quickly and are back to making happy Kaffe blocks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win! I bet that helped after having to be in the hospital over night. (any time away from home is not fun...unless it's a planned vacation!) I'm glad you are on the mend!
    Your houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on winning one of the drawings and finding a home for your orphan project. The house blocks are so cute. Hope you feel much more energetic next week and feel like doing lots of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your winnings as you (speedily, I hope!) recuperate! I'm already looking forward to seeing your Kaffe blocks! And those little houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations hope you feel better - surely spring will help

    ReplyDelete
  15. good to know you are feeling okay after the procedure. What a great win you have had loving the Kaffe fabrics and the red houses are so cute. We have daffodils out and the tulips are looking promising, also some forsythia is starting to open up, so lots of yellow in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a WONDERFUL "get well gift!!" Hope you are back to your old (quilting) tricks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you enjoyed your quilty gift. Sounds like the timing was perfect. Thanks for linking up your lovely house blocks with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get well and soon and hopefully back to your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A hospital visit for a "procedure" is always fraught with worry, no matter how calm you try to be. Pleased it all went well, so now you can focus on recovery.
    Best wishes from Jenny down under in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on winning the draw. What a lovely surprise. Hope you're feelong more your regular self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so pleased you won this wonderful haul - you deserve it. Wish I was close enough to bring you some daffodils. They're blooming in the fields now - hurray! Hope you get to feeling more spry soon; at least the surgery is behind you now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great pick-me-up! Congrats on the win, and here's wishing you have lots of flowers in your near future! :)

    ReplyDelete