Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sew Cute Tuesday, March 1

MODERN HST PROGRESS

The Modern HST Sampler is a challenge I am enjoying very much.  I've completed each of the four  blocks and learned a lot about HSTs.  The method I like best is definitely the Easy Eights.  I used that for the Stepping Stones block, even though there were two extra blocks. 


As you can see, I've used the Rainbow Scrap Challenge colors of the month, blue with purple for January and brown with pink for February.  I loved the brown batiks I dug up, which blended the two colors so nicely.

My calendar is marked with the dates for each new block pattern because I'm so excited to be doing them.

I link up with RSC16 at soscrappy and Sew Cute Tuesday with Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to learn new techniques. Enjoy making your blocks. I still have to do my last one as we've been on holidays. It's nice seeing what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete