Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sew Cute Tuesday bonus post

My favorite quilt was made about 25 years ago.  I was trying to get the effect of light shining through stained glass.  I call it Shekinah, the light of God's presence in our midst.





The other effect I worked on was fading out to the edges, which involved lots of time at the design wall, testing out each triangle to make crosses and stars based on the color arrangements.


I machine quilted it in one week for a show deadline.  It now has the place of honor in my small apartment. I enjoy seeing it every day.

I link up with RSC16 at soscrappy and Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Paula you really caught the stained glass effect with this can see why it is your favourite quilt a real beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many color effects are achieved by just the right placement. This is just wonderful how it turned out. 💚

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see why this is your favorite quilt. The colors and shading are just beautiful. It looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete