Friday, October 16, 2015

RSC15 week 42

WHAT COLOR BROWN?

Well, after all the input I received about brown last week, I chose my absolute favorite brown, dark chocolate.  I love those Lindor Truffles in the dark brown bag, which have a luscious burst of dark, dark  heaven when you pop one in your mouth.  If you haven't tried one, you must!

So here are my balloons looking very happy in their rich dark frames.


I also stitched together my fruit and veggie panels.  I think I will make two table runners out of it.  I have a couple of friends in mind who might enjoy one. All they (the table runners, not the friends) would need are slightly wider gold borders. 


I finally got my butterfly quilt pinned and ready to quilt, which is my next major project.  It is throw size, not as large as the twin sized rainbow quilt.  I used the raspberry batik for a border and will bind it from the back, the navy print.


The best colors I saw this week were on a drive through a nearby cemetery on a perfect day.  Wish you could have been there with me.




I link up with RSC15 at superscrappy.blogspot.com and Sew Cute Tuesday at blossomheartquilts.com.  There are some good things to see there.

16 comments:

  1. Lindors?--YUMMY!! I think your little balloon blocks are so cute--the dark brown goes really well with them....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balloons and chocolate...the makings of a wonderful birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, these blocks are lovely. That balloon fabric is such fun, but the brown border makes the blocks sophisticated. Very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall colors - and isn't the favorite party cake of all time dark chocolate?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, you're getting some good fall color where you are. Unfortunately, we haven't had enough rain this year and our deciduous trees are turning brown from lack of water instead of pretty autumnal colors. And dark chocolate is always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy browns - the blocks turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The leaves against that brilliant blue sky - nature's drama! Lovely brown blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BROWN Balloon Blocks, Fruity Table Runners, and Autumn splendor at its finest!! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our foliage is looking good, too. Such a pretty time of year. (I'm trying not to think about what's next...)
    Your balloons are going to be such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes rich chocolate browns... the pix are awesome. Brilliant blue sky we hardly ever see here because of pollution or hot air coming from politicians. LEeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fall colours. Most of the trees in my part of the world are evergreens, so we only rarely see that beautiful amber/rust colour. Lovely
    The brown sashing sets off your balloons beautifully. It really brings out the colour in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dark browns make great frames for your brights. Gorgeous fall foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the chocolate brown works so well with your balloons. and the table runners are coming along well. The trees are super, we have a bit of colour here but nothing to rival yours spectacular,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Changing seasons is one of the things I miss most about living in Florida. Thanks for sharing your fall photos. Delicious shades of brown! They do look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes. I love those yummy, chocolate shades of brown. Table runners coming along nicely. Thank you for sharing pictures of those beautiful trees. Awesome fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing blue sky and beautiful Autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete