Friday, November 13, 2015

RSC week 46

LOTS OF GREEN AND A LOVELY FINISH

It was fun finding the lime greens in my stash.  I found more cute ones than I expected, so I decided to finish my balloons and get started on a new block for RSC16, to see how I like doing it.  Can't hurt to have a couple of lime green blocks on hand just because they are so pretty.  If and when I get the first new one done, you will be the first to know.


My big project this week was finishing the butterfly quilt I've been working on for months.  It is a throw size, disappearing 9-patch.  I used two charm packs with butterfly themes and assorted batiks.  It even has lime green in it.


I found a lovely raspberry batik in my stash, enough to add a nice border.  The backing was bought several years ago for a dress which never got made.  I quilted it on the diagonal, using lavender thread on the front and dark blue on the back. I bound it with the backing, finishing it yesterday morning.



Now I only have two projects with deadlines before Christmas,  in addition to trying to find a finish for my balloon blocks.  It's been a great experience, a good feeling to be part of quilt blogging this year, thanks to all of you.

I link up with RSC15 at superscrappy.blogspot.com and Sew Cute Tuesday at blossomheartquilts.com.   Please check out the good things to see there.

12 comments:

  1. Paula this is lovely, I wonder did you pick your blocks randomly or were they placed . I have one to put together but I did one pinwheel in every block so need to arrange them one day! Do love a disappearing 9 patch and hope to have a go at a 4 patch soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with for those beautiful lime green fabric bits. They are so fresh and cheerful. The disappearing nine patch came together well. Another finish! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. It looks AWESOME!! Have fun with those Light/Bright GREEN bits during the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're got some really cute lime greens there - can't wait to see what you make with them!
    And yay for a finish! That raspberry border is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you do think ahead!! ;--))) Good idea! Love your disappearing 9-patch quilt--that batik really makes it! Another finish--congrats!! And a lovely one hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely disappearing 9-patch quilt; congratulations. I love your lime green collection; have fun making those little pieces into something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing better than that feeling of accomplishment after finishing a quilt - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lime scraps are so cute. I hope you find just the right way to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish! Those bright greens are such fun. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to for next year's RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely finish! That backing print looks familiar. I think I have some scraps of that still in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a finish!! I like the green in that quilt - it adds a pop every now and again!

    ReplyDelete