Friday, August 18, 2017

RSC17 week 33

FIRST NEUTRALS

Another week of lovely weather spurred me on to make loads of progress on my Mile a Minute quilt, but I did not quite get to the neutral sashing.  So here it is post writing time and no neutrals yet after almost three weeks of August gone.  Does it seem like I'm avoiding them?  You could say that.

Meanwhile, on Monday I had a visit from a friend in our Monona Quilters guild.  She is doing a lot of experimenting with techniques and brought some of her small quilts to show me some examples. She is now trying dying her fabric.  However, I've been there, done that back in the hippie era near San Francisco.  My friend and I had a lovely visit and I learned a lot with the hands-on session.  She also recommended Fabrico markers for writing on fabric.  I ordered a set and am happy with them.

Now, desperate to contribute something for Angela this week, I quickly pieced two neutral houses.


See, I can do neutrals and they turned out better than I expected.  That's all, folks.


Now back to my scrappy progress.  I've almost finished the 25 blocks at 8.5 inches each, a good size, with  sashing added, for a Project Linus quilt.  I am going to back it with one of the fleece blankets that I bought on sale a couple of years ago.  I found two of them hiding in my closet and will use the one with cute penguins on it.

Here is a sample of the finished blocks, all that I could fit on my design floor.  They are really fun, a combination of randomness with some color coordination.  



I'm looking forward to  seeing what all of you have been doing this week with your scraps.

I'm linking up with
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at





23 comments:

  1. Great to see scraps being used up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scrappy blocks looks so good and the houses have worked well, reminds me I have not done my neutral crazy block yet. Not come across the fabrico pens so will check them out too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do bright and scrappy so well Paula, those blocks are going to make such a bright and happy quilt. I love your neutral houses though, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your neutral houses, Paula! There is something about those colors all together in one block that appeals to me. Your Project Linus blocks ar coming along too. It will be a bright happy quilt for someone who needs a quilty hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colorful, super scrappy blocks. I LOVE scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mile a minute blocks are so lovely and bright, and I just love your neutral houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job with the neutral houses. :-) That rainbow MaM quilt is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those crappy log cabin blocks, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The randomness of the mile a minute blocks is lovely. Your houses are fun too and will look lovely in your patchwork village.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The houses look great as well as the other project! :) The neutrals didn't work for the two projects that I am using RSC to work on but that is fine. Taking a break from them to try to work on finishing some quilts this month instead. Which sometimes is a lot more boring than starting them or working on them, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those LIGHT NEUTRAL house blocks look really pretty, Paula! Not sure why you've been avoiding them. Well... except for those colorful Mile a Minute blocks!! I could see wanting to get those all sewn up. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those neutral house blocks are great! Of course - all the other scrappy colorful projects are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay you on the neutral house blocks! I'm heading upstairs to work on mine as soon as I'm done typing this! I like the rainbow blocks-they'll make such a bright quilt for such a good cause. We quilters sure do give a lot away don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, just two, eh? Well, they turned out great! Maybe you can still find a few more. One week left!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your neutral houses (they must be new, LOL. Most houses built these days are in neutral colors). But those colorful blocks just sing!! I'll take color over neutrals any day. (And my house is yellow!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neutrals and brights! What a fun week. I love your floor. Getting rid of carpet is a dream of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neutrals and brights! What a fun week. I love your floor. Getting rid of carpet is a dream of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great neutral houses and I love the color-wow of your scrappy blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love house blocks, and your colorful blocks are a treat to the eyes. Thank you for your visit to my blog, and for your encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bright scrappy blocks. They will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm skipping the neutrals this month as they just won't work with my blocks. I need to put them on the design wall to see what color blocks I need to add more of. Because I'm trying to finish some things I doubt if I get back to that for a while. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job sewing up your scraps. Your neutral houses look wonderful. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun week. I love your floor. Getting rid of carpet is a dream of mine...


    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete