This week I've been able to make some progress on my balloons quilt. The lime green fabric I ordered finally arrived and is exactly what I wanted at a great price. I also squared up the 30 blocks to make a 5x6 block setting. Here I laid some out on the uncut fabric. Most of you who commented to me said the lime was the best color choice for sashing, so here's the proof you were right.
A HAPPY SURPRISE
I had wanted to make a disappearing 9-patch quilt for a long time. This was the result, as I posted in week 46. It started with two charm packs based on butterflies and flowers, plus some batiks.
I finished making this butterfly quilt as a surprise for a very dear friend many miles away. I knew she followed my blog, so I had to be careful what I posted about it.
It had been a secret until Monday when it arrived at her post office. She got the package and called me on the phone before she opened it, so we could share the moment together. Her surprise and happiness overwhelmed her and she cried so much that she couldn't read the inscription. I was in tears as well. She has been a faithful friend for more than 30 years and totally deserved it.
On Tuesday I received these photos from her.