Friday, February 16, 2018

RSC18 week 7

QUICK WORK

This is a shorter month and that's my only excuse for not getting much done.  My project this week used a bit of purple and a lot of pink.  It's another Project Linus top, for a  little girl this time.  I remember when pink and purple were my granddaughter's favorite colors.  That was about ten years ago.  Now, at 16, she is sophisticated in black and white.  I do miss buying clothes for little girls.  

These wide strips were a good way to use my stash, some charms, 2-1/2 inch strips and even a 4-patch strip in purple.


Unfortunately all the photos of the entire top were overexposed and not worth showing.  But this folded portion includes all of the fabrics used, in width-of-fabric repeats.  Now it is about 42x56 without a border.  

This is not a new project, but a use for a WIP.  Last fall I  really enjoyed making a simple X-block done in springtime Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I added a white border and left it at that.


I left this hanging around until a friend saw it recently and suggested that it would make a nice tablecloth.  So here it is on my antique side table, just the thing to brighten the living room during these dull days.



What about a new sewing machine?  My daughter and I went shopping for one yesterday.  There have been so many nice improvements with the electronics in all the machines.  Even the basic ones are so much more convenient than my present machine.  

Then Beth suggested I try her newer machine to see if it would work for me.  So she is going to bring it over tomorrow for me to try.  If I like it, we can switch around machines with her and Sarah.  So hopefully I will have good news next week.

Meanwhile, i will enjoy seeing all of your latest stitching news.
See you at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at









17 comments:

  1. Pinks and purples, my granddaughters favourite colours as a child too, they grow up so fast don't they? Some little girl will be very happy to receive your lovely quilt Paula, the colours never go out of fashion. A lovely use for your X block top, and nice for you to actually keep something you have made, runner quilt excepted of course. I look forward to hearing how you got on testing the machine, and all about what you end up with. A new machine is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, both of them. I love the girly fabrics! And of course Kaffe Fassett fabrics are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little quilt on that table! Very cheery, as you said, for these gray days. As for a new machine, I would love one of those serpentine stitches for the actual quilting. So many nice features on the machines now. Good luck picking one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, your Project Linus quilt is so sweet - someone is going to get a lot of comfort from it! I love the quilt on your little table, too - perfect with that bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Kaffe top looks great on your table! Lovely quit for Project Linus, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to make a little girl very happy with your project Linus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Linus Project quilt, some little girl is going to be very happy. I just love your quilt as a table topper, it looks so good with your bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bits of PURPLE in those projects. Will you add a backing to the Kaffe X top turned table topper? Even if you don't quilt it, that would protect the piecing when washing is required.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect way to use your X quilt! Love your Laughlin (?) bowl, too - great complement for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spy with my little eye...a kitty playing the bongos! How cute is that fabric?? You're right that some little girl will just love all the pink and purple together. Your Kaffe fabric top makes a fine table cloth, too. I think you'll be pleased with a new sewing machine...big improvements have been make in the last decade or so. Good luck with your testing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great finishes. Hope the sewing machine shopping goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two pretty and spring-colored tops. My DD never liked pink or purple, blue and green were her to go colors. Hope you find a machine that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a sweet Project Linus project. Some little girl will be over the moon. Pink and purple (along with turquoise) were a big deal at our house years ago, and have continued with the next generation. For my tastes, Your Kaffe table topper is just the ticket. Looking forward to hearing where your sewing machine search takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of these grey winter days, I find it hard to be inspired. You are keeping at it with cheery palettes, though, and spreading that color through your home. A new sewing machine? Lucky you! I'm with Mari that a serpentine stitch would be wonderful for FMQ, but Pfaff doesn't have that, I don't think. The integrated walking foot is something I absolutely love on the Pfaff for accuracy so give it a try if you're out shopping. Kick a few foot pedals, and rev a few motors for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete