Friday, December 29, 2017

RSC17 week 52

GIFT REVEAL

This was the first year I have given Quilty gifts, kind of a last minute idea.  I decided to make quilted baskets like Joy at The Joyful Quilter. I started by making three stip panels, one for each basket.  The first was for my granddaughter in her favorite red, blue and yellow colors.  
It turned out to be much more work for me than I thought.  I kept having to make changes because I measured wrong, etc.  Here is the saggy finish.


When this was done I decided that the other two, for my daughter and her SIL, a former quilter, would be carryall bags, lots easier.  The one for my daughter, in her favorite turquoise, went very well.
The back was a green print like the handles.



The last one in purple and turqouise was a really big hit with SIL.  She loved that I had unknowingly backed it with her favorite fabric, which she had donated to me when she quit quilting to take up paper crafting.




I'm looking forward to 2018 to work on my monthly Scrap Attack goals, which are all UFOs.  If you have not heard about Scrap Attack, it is a fun way to have a monthly goal.  It was a great idea from Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  

Wishing all of you dear friends a Blessed and Happy New Year.

Meanwhile, you can see all the cheerful happenings at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at

13 comments:

  1. Love all three bags. Pleased they were so well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags are so bright and happy! How funny that you used your SIL's favorite fabric without knowing it. Makes it an extra special gift that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bags... Can you email me your address please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags look great, and so useful! I bet your granddaughter loves her basket, too. Before long, she will have it full of her important things, and you won't even notice the sides are saggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous that you returned your SIL's fabric to her! I'm glad your presents were so well received. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun bags! One of these days I need to try some! So fun that you got her favorite fabric in her bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some day, I'd like to do the same - give quilty gifts. This year may see me get there as I have designated July as my Sewing for XMAS month. We'll see. Love the bags. Happy New Year, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  8. scrap attack. Great name. Hope to find my scraps soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great gifts! :) I've never tried to make a bag but I can put it on the bucket list! Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEW sorry about your saggy basket, but I'm sure your granddaughter can fill it so that you can no longer tell!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite gifts are always the homemade ones because I know they were made with love.

    Happy New Year Paula! Thanks so much for always sharing your scrappy projects with Oh Scrap! I always love to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making a new pattern is always more time consuming, but it is fun to try out new ideas. Love the bags! I can see why they were a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, all it takes is a little hurrying for me to find I've messed something up, and the supposedly 'easier' projects are more at risk. We just bop along without thinking, and it happens.

    It sounds like you have a good plan to tackle both your project list and scrap mountain. The best wishes for success with both.

    ReplyDelete