This has been a tough week as far as piecing new blocks. I was so sure I could make a Twinkle Star block. On the first try I cut eight half triangle in the wrong fabric. After cutting again (good practice) it took forever to find the correct orientation of the side triangles to the main one. When the light finally dawned, it went fairly smoothly. Thanks, Angela, for the good tutorial.
I was glad I chose the batiks for this color combo because they just flowed together perfectly. When I recover I plan to do a blue one.
This Monday we received the new Lantern block for Modern HST Sampler from Blossom Star Quilts. This 12-inch block used the eight at a time method for making HSTs. It went very smoothly. Again I was happy with the brown and rose batiks.
I have a slight hand tremor, which gets worse under stress. This causes slipping when trying to cut or mark fabrics. I do have good solutions for my rulers, but the marking is difficult. I saw a sand board advertised, but all the sites on Google no longer are selling them. So I found the easiest answer.
I bought a pack of three 9 x 11-inch fine 400 grit sandpaper sheets and they happen to have non slip backing. So when I firmly set the sheet on my cutting board it stays put, and so does the fabric when I mark it. So simple and cheap!
All in all it has been a productive week, if you measure it in single blocks rather than multiple quilts. I really ended up learning a lot.
I link up with RSC16 at soscrappy and Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts.