This week sets some kind of record for me, start to finish of a flimsie. I told you last week about my large bin stuffed with batiks and waiting to be used. There were so many strips that it was overstuffed.
Now you see how much I have emptied the bin.
There were so many strips that I had no use for, or so I thought. After tackling these unwanted strips I turned them into this 50 X 60 top, finished except for borders.
I added one little spark of orange to each strip, which makes quite a difference. If you know me, you know I can't make dull quilts. I had to add those bright touchs. Many of you liked them very much.
I decided on an inner orange batiks border and a wider subtle one. Here is how it looks with the orange border added.
I've been saving a precious two yards of 108" wide batik which I bought in 2008 from Sew Batik at Quilt Expo here in Madison WI. I'm showing you this before I even remove the string tie and cut off a few 4-inch strips. There is still time for a few more pets.
Tomorrow I will attach those final strips and it will be off to Kat at Covered In Love, her wonderful charity for grieving families.
I have also found time to add a pair of evergreen trees to my neighborhood. The one on the right is a Christmas tree with stars and ball ornaments from a charm square. I used my Tri-Recs rulers to make them.
Time is really flying this month, as it always does with holidays coming. I wish all my USA friends a very blessed Thanksgiving Day, and to you other dear friends abroad a special time of relaxation.
Come join the scrappy fun at
Kat at Covered In Love Kat at Covered In Love