Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Blossom Heart Quilts, May 3

MODERN HST SQMPLER BLOCKS FOR MAY

My first project this month was the Modern HST Sampler block called Pointed, which I managed to muddle through, having troubles with matching seams.


For the eight HSTs in orange I used a different method called The Eight Square Method by Honey Bear Lane on Pinterest.  You end up with straight grain on two sides and only the diagonal on the bias.  I don't want to mess around with stretchy edges and it is easy to do.  

This was the second Modern HST Sampler block for May, so again I used the colors for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in orange with brown or black.  


This block was titled Intersection, using 16 HSTs.  I did not like the pattern arrangement when done in my fabrics, so I just moved them around to get this block.  I don't know if it has a name.  If any of you know it, I would appreciate you telling me.  All you quilt history buffs and Dear Jane followers must know hundreds of them. 

I'm really enjoying this Modern HST Sampler challenge and am becoming more confident with them, which is my goal.

I link up with RSC16 at soscrappy and Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts  

1 comment:

  1. both blocks look good and like the way you have done the second one, must make mine either today or tomorrow sorry do not know if it has a name

    ReplyDelete