Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sew Cute Tuesday

BIG FINISH

I actually met my goal of making a quilt for my granddaughter for her 14th birthday on the 17th.  She helped plan this rainbow zigzag quilt for her bedroom painted in rainbow colors and featuring the Beatles.  With help from kind friends and my Monona Quilters group, it was finished last Thursday.  The back is brilliant yellow and bound in lime green. I machine quilted it in 8-inch diagonal squares on my home machine.  So glad it is done in only two months.  The only previous bed quilt I made was for Sarah's mother when she was also 14, my first quilt made the hard way, before pre-cuts, rotary cutters and mats.   This was a breeze compared to a generation ago!


I link up here at Sew Cute Tuesday and at RSC15 with Angela, both great places.


2 comments: